Temperature Scanning: the new normal
One of the primary symptoms consistent with COVID-19 is an elevated body temperature of above 38˚C (100.4˚F). Some workplaces have started screening their employees using smart temperature scanning devices in order to determine whether they may enter their workplace.
Temperature measuring is somewhat advisable as a method for detecting COVID-19, as it is possible for individuals to have risen in their body temperatures even if they are not ill. As said by the Singapore Health Minister, Gan Kim Yong at a press conference: “Temperature measuring is very crucial because most of the COVID-19 patients eventually develop a fever”. Besides that, as one of the guidelines for the actions to be taken by the employers at the reopening of offices by the Minister of Health in Malaysia, employers should also encourage employees to measure their temperature regularly and monitor their own health for any respiratory symptoms. Accordingly, an employer’s decision to implement temperature scanning may be a reasonable method for mitigating the risk of an outbreak within a workplace.
- In line with the initiative to have a fully automated scanning device, all of us at iMin had come together for a total solution to battle the Covid19. The development of a fully automated temperature scanning device, the R1 Pro to be used on all occasions, be it in public or private premises. This device should ease and reduce the spread of the pandemic itself.
- On the side of the private premises, employees who refused to scan their temperature will not be admitted to the workplace, on the basis that their attendance could jeopardize the health and safety of others.
In addition to conducting temperature screening, the employer should ensure that the employee who enters the workplace is not exhibiting any flu-like symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, fever) or is otherwise feeling unwell. They should also ask whether the employee has had close contact with someone in the past 14 days who has been diagnosed with or is presumed to have, COVID-19. If possible, employees should be tested by and asked the below screening questions in a private or semi-private area, out of the sight and earshot of their colleagues, contractors, or other visitors.
These questions, which were taken from the Health Declaration Form is given out by the MOH of Malaysia are as stated below:- Have you been to any area or countries of COVID-19 as indicated by WHO over the past 14 days? Yes /No
– Have you had any of the following symptoms over the past 14 days? Please tick if yes
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
– Other symptoms (please specify) :
– Have you been in 1close contact with a person suspected to have COVID-19?
– If the answer is yes to either of the question above, please report to the Health
Definition close contact :
Healthcare-associated exposure, including providing direct care for COVID-19 patients, working with health care workers infected with COVID-19, visiting patients, or staying in the same close the environment of a COVID-19 patient.
- Working together in close proximity or sharing the same classroom environment with a with COVID19 patient
- Traveling together with COVID-19 patient in any kind of conveyance
- Living in the same household as a COVID-19 pat
- Test results must not be collected, recorded, stored, used, or disclosed for any purpose aside from determining whether the employee should be permitted to enter the workplace. The additional privacy best practices, identified above, should be followed.
- Employees with temperatures at or above 38˚C (100.4˚F), or who answer “yes” to any of the screening questions, should be advised to return home, self-isolate for 14 days, and call their regular doctor or local public health authority to discuss their symptoms, treatment options, quarantine requirements, and for an assessment regarding the next steps.
By using the A. I computing technology of temperature scanning, iMin had realised one of the key points to minimise the spread of Covid-19 through face recognition. We hope that this product will help to ease the outbreak of the pandemic. We at iMin continue to believe that with our innovative technology, we will surely contribute to the goodness of life using technology.
Let's Start Something new!
Contact us for a free consultation about the best POS solution for your business.